After we eat food that causes a burning sensation This occurs after eating spicy food that contains capsaicin. We will feel tortured and want the spiciness to go away. Most of the time in the past we used to drink water to solve problems. or reduce the spiciness But found that the spicy sensation was ineffective. The spiciness remains. Or maybe it’s even increased. Here’s how to cure the spiciness. That is more effective than drinking plain water.
Things that cause spiciness
Capsaicin, the substance that makes chili peppers spicy Can be soluble in fat, oil, ยูฟ่าเบท and alcohol, but insoluble in water. Therefore, drinking water after eating spicy food will not reduce the spiciness. But this will cause more capsaicin to spread throughout the mouth and come into contact with pain receptors. Makes it feel more burning.
Additionally, avoid drinking beer and soft drinks after eating spicy food because they are mostly water.
Senses sensitive to capsaicin are activated when exposed to heat. Therefore, drinking coffee after eating spicy food will increase the burning sensation. So after eating spicy food You should choose to drink cool drinks such as milk, yogurt or lemonade, which will help reduce the spiciness.
How to cure spicy symptoms
- Drink milk or yogurt Because capsaicin is fat soluble.
- Eat bread, rice or pasta as they help absorb capsaicin.
- Drink lemon juice or vinegar. Because acidity reduces the effect of capsaicin.
- Eat honey or sugar Because sugar will help reduce the spiciness.
- Eat very cold ice cream or yogurt. Because the coldness will help reduce the burning sensation.